Who is Kenny Kemp?
Kenny Kemp is one of the UK’s most experienced non-fiction writers. He has been the preferred ghost-writer to several international business figures. The combined sales of his ghost-written books are c.500,000 copies worldwide.
Most recent projects include: work with a multi-millionaire entrepreneur, based in Beverly Hills, in California; a book manuscript for an Irish airline entrepreneur; a ghost-written biography for a UK telecoms recycling millionaire; and story-telling for an oil worker held in captivity by pirates in Africa. Kenny is a former daily and Sunday newspaper journalist. He was Editor of BQ (Business Quarter) Scotland for five years from 2010 until 2015. He is a former staffer of the Evening Standard in London. He has written comprehensively for a range of titles such as the Herald, Sunday Herald, The Scotsman and Sunday Times. He is an Associate of the University of Edinburgh Business School, and a consultant with The City Partnership (UK). He lives in Edinburgh, Scotland.
• One of the founding editorial executive team of Sunday Herald in 1999. Scottish Business Writer of the Year, three times in 2001, 2003, and after a break in 2010 (runner-up in 2011). Interviews with more than 350 senior business people in UK and overseas.
• Foreign Editor of The Scotsman during the fall of Berlin Wall, collapse of Communism and release of Nelson Mandela.
• Worked with Sir Richard Branson on his best-selling business book, Business Stripped Bare, published in September 2008, and co-author with Barbara Cassani of Go: An Airline Adventure, which was WH Smith Business Book of the Year in 2004.
• Served five years as Editor of BQ Scotland, a glossy quarterly publication serving Scottish business and entrepreneurship.
• Speechwriter for prominent business people.
• Author of business book on battle between Boeing and Airbus, entitled Flight of the Titans (2005) and author of Destination Space (2006), about rise of space tourism.
Journalism and Writing Awards
The Scottish Daily Newspaper Society Scottish Press Awards
Business Writer of the Year 2010, 2003, 2001
Business Writer of the Year Runner-up 2010, 2002
BT Technology Writer of the Year Runner-up 2003
WH Smith Business Book of the Year Award 2004
NB… Kenny Kemp has a doppelganger, called Kenny Kemp. The other Kenny Kemp is also a writer and film-maker based in the United States who writes popular religious books. This Kenny Kemp wishes him well, but hopes there is no confusion.